How to Add A Blog to Facebook Account
Facebook offers several ways to include links on profiles, either in your personal information or directly on a profile wall. When you add a link to your personal profile information, visibility will depend on your privacy settings. When you Add website to facebook profile wall, all of your friends and the person’s friends will be able to see it. How to add a blog to facebook account be sure to include the full URL if you want your links to be live.
Adding a Link to Your Profile Information
Navigate to Facebook’s website and log in to your account. Tap on your name in the upper-left corner of your Facebook homepage to access your profile.
- Click the “Edit Profile” button in the upper-right corner of your profile page.
- Click the “Contact Information” link in the left menu of the “Edit Profile” page. Copy and paste the entire link, including the “http://,” into the “Website” field.
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save the link to your profile.
- Click the “Basic Information” link to add a link to your “About Me” section. You can also add links to several fields of your “Philosophy” section. Links you add to your profile will appear under the “Info” heading on your profile page.
Link Your blog to facebook account
Another way to post your blog on Facebook is to simply add a website to a facebook profile. That way, when someone is looking through your contact details on your profile, they will see your blog and be able to go directly to it without waiting for you to post a blog update.
- Log in to your Facebook account and access your Facebook profile.
- Go to the about tab and then click Contact and Basic Info from the left pane.
- Choose the Add a website link on the right side under WEBSITES AND SOCIAL LINKS.
- If you don’t see this link then you already have a URL posted there. Hover your mouse over the existing link and choose Edit and then add another website.
- Note: Make sure the visibility of the link is set to Friends, Public, or Custom so that other Facebook users or the public can find your blog.
- Choose Save Changes to post your blog on your Facebook profile page.
So how do you link your website with your Facebook Page?
It’s pretty easy
- Go to www.facebook.com/insights
- Click on the ‘Insights for your website’ green button up the top right of the page
- Click on the ‘Link with’ drop-down menu (see pic below) and choose the Page you would like to link your site with. Or alternatively, you can link it with your own profile if you don’t have a Page for your website.
- Take the Meta tag that Facebook displays underneath this drop-down menu and add it to your root webpage. I did this by editing the header.php file of my website and sticking this Meta tag in before. If you don’t know how to do this, you can probably google it or ask a web nerd you know to help you out. It took me a matter of seconds, so I can assure you it can’t be hard.
- Click ‘Get Insights’ and as long as you put the right Meta tag into the right place, you’re done!
Did you know about this feature before? If so, please leave your derisive comments below. If not, please leave messages of encouragement and thanks below, so that I can feel safe and secure in the knowledge it wasn’t just me.
Lastly – what do you think about this? I was pretty excited to learn that my site had had over 100,000 impressions over just one month on Facebook, even though I’m not getting quite the same level of sharing as some OTHER social media sites (we know which is better, right?). But maybe it’s just me. Is it?
How to add a blog to facebook account
The first and easiest way to post your blog to Facebook is to simply share the How to add a blog to facebook account manually as status updates. This is by far the easiest and most direct way to advertise your blog for free and share your content with your Facebook friends.
- Log in to your Facebook account and find the Make Post section at the top of the page.
- Type something about the blog post that you’re sharing, and then paste the URL into the post directly below your text.
- Once you’ve pasted the link, a preview of the blog post should populate below the text box.
- Tip: You can paste a link in the status box with the Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut. Just make sure you’ve already copied the URL to your blog post, which you can do by highlighting the URL and using the Ctrl + C shortcut.
- Once the blog post snippet appears, erase the link you just added in the previous step. The blog URL will remain and the snippet should stay in place below your text.
- Note: If you want to delete the link from the blog post to use a new link or to not post a link at all, use the small “x” at the top right of the preview box.
- Use the Post button to post your blog link to Facebook.
- Note: If you have the visibility for your post set to Public, then anyone can see your blog post, not just your Facebook friends.