Mac OS is that the pc software system for Apple Computer’s Macintosh line of private computers and workstations and developed by Apple Inc. A preferred feature of its latest version, Mac OS X, could be a desktop interface with some 3-D look characteristics. OS X features a standard style supposed to create it easier to feature new options to the software system within the future. It runs UNIX operating system applications additionally as older mac applications. The current macOS is changing with every Mac and is updated yearly. It is the base of Apple’s current system software for its other devices, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. In this article, you will learn How to create a new user account on Mac.
Mac OS X has a different-different type of user accounts:
- Managed with Parental Controls;
- Sharing Only;
The Administrator account is that the primary account that permits a user (often Mack owner) to access secure System Preferences install a software package, modification permissions to folders and do no matter she or he likes.
Standard: Standard users can install apps and change their own settings, but can’t add other users or change other users’ settings.
Managed with parental controls: These users can access only the apps and content specified by the administrator using parental controls. You can restrict managed users’ contacts, website access and place time limits on computer use.
Sharing only: Sharing only account allows only accessing particular files or folders that administrator wants to. Managed with Parental Controls user account allows parents to control their kids’ behavior online.
Group: Let’s say that multiple users want access to stationery files to hold on on your Macintosh for office correspondence: create them a part of the “office” group, then check that the “office” group has permission to it folder within the File Sharing section of the Mac’s Sharing preferences.
How to create a new user account on Mac
Create New User Account on Mac OS X
Below you can find the steps How to create a new user account on Mac:
- Click on System Preferences icon located in the Dock.
- Open “Accounts” or “Users & Groups” option.
- Click the lock icon in the left bottom corner of the window. Enter your password and click OK.
- Under the list of user accounts, there’s the + button. Click it to open New Account sheet.
- New Account option you can choose the account type. Standard account type is set as default. Thus, you may not need to do anything.
- In the “Full Name”(or “Name”) field enter the name of the new account.
- In the “Account Name”(or “Short Name”) field enter a nickname. Mac should suggest you the nickname. If you do not like it, you can choose another one.
- Field You’re the password.
- Verify”field enter the same password again.
- In the “Password Hint” field, enter a hint of the password in case you forget it.
- Once all necessary information is entered, click “Create Account” button to add Standard user account on Mac.
These are some simple steps to create a new user account on Mac. If you like the post share with your friends or the needy one.